Monday, May 5, 2014

April 20th: Day 110


Happy Easter! Christ has risen! He has risen indeed!

This morning we woke up bright and early so that we had time to find baskets before church since we were heading to visit family right after church and there wouldn't be time afterwards. Ella found her basket in her backpack and Claire found her basket in the lazy susan. Good thing the Easter Bunny put some things in their baskets that could entertain them during church as well. Smart Bunny. I normally love the REACH service at church and its contemporary music, but on holidays I still love the traditional hymns. I was a little bummed that we didn't sing all of I Know That My Redeemer Lives since that song goes hand in hand with Easter morning for me.

After church we met dad's family at The Woods for brunch, headed back to dad's so the girls could hunt for baskets there and then headed over to mom's where they found more baskets. Most of the time people were busy watching the Brewer game but I got an awesome history lesson from Grandma and Grandpa Newby instead. (And I'd much rather have a history lesson from them than watch baseball on tv!) They filled me in what Main Street in Almond used to look like, all about the little country school and some family history. Now let's hope I can remember all this or that it is written down somewhere!






No comments:

Post a Comment