Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26

One of my earlier childhood memories is "baking" in my play kitchen. Mom and I made
banana bread together one day and she put some of the batter in one of my mini bread tins. I got to put the unbaked bread in my own oven and when I woke up the bread had been baked in my oven! I remember thinking how magical my play kitchen was and I wanted to share the same moment with Ella.

Today Ella chose the recipe (Blueberry Banana Bread) and she did 99% of the prep/mixing on her own. She proudly "preheated" her oven, placed the bread in the over and happily went off to take a nap, with the promise of yummy bread when she woke up. She was not disappointed...as soon as she came downstairs she checked her oven, where her oven and the bread were still warm. Seriously, I've never seen her more proud! She set the table with her tea set so that when Claire woke up from her nap we could all have a tea party with her specially made bread. I am hoping this day makes it into Ella's memory bank...

No comments:

Post a Comment