What a day! This morning we went to a rummage sale and came home with 2 Gymboree dresses/tunic and a large salon playset for $4.50. That was the upside. The downside was that as I attempted to pack, the girls manages to undo ten things for every one thing I accomplished. It was one thing after another! Muddy footprints and wads of wet kleenex all over the bathroom, a certain big girl opening the front door and letting a certain little girl out the door without telling mommy (thankfully I walked into the living room a few seconds after Ella let Claire outside), unpacking some newly packed suitcases and the topper of it all...Ella spilling an entire box of spaghetti noodles all over the kitchen floor. We ate supper and then I left for a little breather. However, I constantly remind my self to be thankful for days like these. There are so many parents who WISH their child could drive them a little crazy. Parents who wish their biggest inconvenience was to clean up broken noodles. Parents who wish their child healthy enough go on a vacation. Parents who wish their child was able to play outside and come back inside with dirty little feet. I may get upset when things get derailed, but I also thank God that my girls are healthy enough to get into things and be "typical" kids. I do believe God gives me days like this to remind me to be thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment