Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 91

This morning we packed up and headed out for our mini vacation to Milwaukee. Our first stop once we got to downtown Milwaukee was lunch at Subway. The girls weren't sure what to think of the traffic and having to walk from a parking garage instead of just parking near the restaurant. After lunch we visited the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. I have to say, it's the best children's museum we've been to yet. Jeremy and I had just as much fun as the girls did! Ella said her favorite part was the Animal Hospital (where she even got her picture taken by the museum staff). Claire loved it all...just the idea of being able to run and play wherever she wanted to. We spent about three hours at the museum, then headed off to find our hotel (the Marriott in Pewaukee). We checked in, explored a little then went out to find an early supper. We stopped at The Crossings and it was really good. Jeremy & I had fish and the girls had Mickey Mouse pancakes. Once we got back to the hotel we changed into our swimsuits. It took Ella a while to warm up to the pool idea, but once she got in she was braver and had a great time. Claire didn't have any interested in getting in the pool. Instead I followed her around the pool area, where she alternated sticking her feet in the hot tub, watching Ella, exploring an ant she found under a lounge chair (she had to get right on her belly to see it and poke at it), greeting all the other swimmers and splashing in the puddles. I was worried how bedtime would go, since Ella & Claire have never had to sleep in the same room. It went great. Ella and I quietly read until Claire fell asleep and it wasn't long after that Ella fell asleep too. Busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment