I just have to say, I am already dreading homework in the coming years. Ella is in first grade and for the most part her homework is short and simple. Spelling test practice. Correcting math problems. Daily reading (with the occasional response journal added in). However, even though it takes a small amount of her evening, she hates missing any part of play time. I don't blame her. She is in school all day and she has such a small amount of play time now between dinner, baths and homework. Add in the extra grumbling she does and homework seems to take all night. So, once homework increases in amount and intensity I am sure the grumbling will increase x100.
Tonight's homework was fun though. She came home with a plain blue circle and the instructions were to create a winter themed snow globe . She chose a hot chocolate themed snow globe and this is what we came up with.
Side note: When Jeremy told them it was bedtime, Ella reminded Jeremy that Martin Luther King Jr. wanted everyone to be equal because apparently it just isn't fair that Claire didn't have to spend as much time on homework and got more play time.
No comments:
Post a Comment