Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 5: January 5th

Tonight we had visitation for my great aunt,  Lorraine, who passed away on New Years Day. Not only are all of my grandparents still living, I also have extended relatives that I am blessed to know. My dad's side of the family is fairly small, which gave even more opportunities to really know family members.

Aunt Lorraine did not have any grandchildren, so in a way I think my brother and cousins and I acted as her surrogate grandchildren. Ever since Ella was born I sent Aunt Lorraine letters and pictures and she sent me letters in return. In the day of emails and texts, a hand written letter is truly a treasure. Just this past spring at Wes & Heather's bridal shower both Aunt Lorraine and Judy told me how much Aunt Lorraine appreciated my letters. I sent my last letter to her at the beginning of December and received my last letter from her about two weeks ago.

Rest in peace, Aunt Lorraine. With love, Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment