Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 24: January 24th

Busy day!

Ty's photo shoot was this morning. He was determined not to sleep and make it easy for us, but we still got some very adorable shots. After the shoot the girls and I went in to the bank to visit Papa and take the ladies at the bank treats as a thank you for buying Girl Scout cookies. We stopped by to visit Granny before we headed home, too.


I spent so many nights with my friends sitting at Granny's kitchen table and talking (and eating). For as long as I can remember, no matter what time of day we stopped by to visit, Grandma would stop what she was doing to sit down at the kitchen table with us and talk. Love those memories.

It was a scary ride home. The roads looked completely clear and safe. They weren't. Around Weyauwega I came around a slight curve and saw a car sitting in the left lane and a truck in front of me, slowing down, in the right lane. I began slowing down also when suddenly the car in the left lane shot across to sit in the right lane (which I was in!). The van began skidding and I just knew we were going to crash. I glanced back at the girls and started aiming towards the cement side rail because I figured it was better to hit that than to hit the other vehicles. Somehow, by the grace of God, the van straightened itself out and I managed to get between the cement rail and the other vehicles. My leg shook most of the way home. Scary, scary, scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment